Your Dentistree offer sleep dentistry options for an anxiety-free experience for all of our patients. We have been treating patients under General Anaesthetic for almost a decade. This experience allows us to focus on making your Cheltenham dental visit as comfortable and stress free as possible.
Sleep dentistry allows you to receive the optimal dental care you deserve. Rest assured we can help if they’re someone who is usually very anxious about dental treatment. A sleep procedure may be the approach required for people who:
- Have difficulty going numb
- Have a low pain threshold
- Had a traumatic previous dental experience
- Are afraid of needles
- May dislike dental associated noise, taste, smell or the overall feeling
- Have a severe gag reflex
- Lead a very busy lifestyle and wish to have more work done in fewer sessions
- Are fearful or anxious about dental procedures
- Find dental treatment boring and tedious
- Have jaw issues which prevent them from keeping their mouth open
- Have special needs which prevent them from sitting in the dental chair for treatment
Sleep Dentistry Benefits:
- Relaxation: removing dental anxiety or phobia that often prevents patients from seeking the treatment they require. Sleep dentistry can transform dental visits into a relaxing and stress free experience.
- Comfort and safety: patients are relieved of the discomfort that may be associated with complex and long dental procedures.
- Managing the gag reflex: sleep dentistry assists those with a sensitive gag reflex to ensure patients don’t feel like you’re going to choke.
- Time effectiveness: sleep dentistry allows the patient to tolerate longer appointments without feeling uncomfortable or exhausted. This is a great option as certain procedures typically require several appointments. Examples include implant surgery and root canal therapy.
- Availability: our leading state-of-the-art practice was purpose built to enable a large range of dental procedures. Sleep dentistry is readily available at Your Dentistree Cheltenham.
Which procedures can be performed?
Adults and children alike can have most dental procedures performed via sleep dentistry:
- Scale and clean
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Dental implant placement
- Root canal therapy
Contact our friendly team at Your Dentistree in Cheltenham on 9585 8282.
You may also be interested to read about Traditional Braces